Creative Writing/Poetry/Grammar 5/6Grades 4 - 7
Some information is not shown until you are registered, and logged in with an approved account.
Dates: 2023-08-22 to 2024-04-02
1 of 14 spaces left
Tue: 9:00 am to 10:30 am
0 of 14 spaces left
Tue: 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
Expectations and Homework
Class Supplies Needed
Get in Touch
About the Course
This class will include:
1. Weekly time for students to practice speaking in front of their peers by reciting a bible verse, poem, or sharing their creative writing.
2. An introduction to sentence diagramming and identification of the parts of speech.
3. An introduction to classic poetry and how to analyze a poem.
4. An introduction to the elements of creative writing and how they can be utilized to write an interesting story.
1. Analytical Grammar Level 1: Grammar Basics. Student worktext
2. Poetry Anthology for the Grammar Stage, student workbook
3. The Creative Writer
This fall I will be teaching both 5/6 Poetry/Creative Writing/Grammar and Biology I.
After many years as a homeschooling mom, last year I returned to the classroom with Cornerstone. I enjoyed it so much! As nerdy as it sounds, I love to learn! What an amazing blessing from God to be able to study the world around us and learn more about Him.
I attended Bethel College in Mishawaka, Indiana where I earned a Bachelor's degree in Science Education in 2008. Amazingly, I taught only one year in a public school before I had the blessing of staying home with my oldest daughter. I re-started my formal education last summer when I took an online course and became registered as an IEW instructor.
With God's help, I am finishing my 9th year of homeschooling my three daughters. Living and learning with my husband and our daughters in the countryside of southern Indiana is one of the greatest blessings of my life. When I'm not teaching or homeschooling, I enjoy baking, cooking, gardening, and reading. I am looking forward to the honor of teaching new classes and new students in the fall of 2023!