Algebra 2: '23/24Grades 8 - 12
Some information is not shown until you are registered, and logged in with an approved account.
Dates: 2023-08-15 to 2024-05-14
4 of 10 spaces left
Tue: 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
Expectations and Homework
Class Supplies Needed
Get in Touch
About the Course
In this Algebra 2 course we will be using a curriculum designed and tested over the last 10+ years by different teachers, including Corry. We will start the year with a brief Algebra 1 review to ensure all students have the foundation skills needed before we dive into Algebra 2.
The structure of the class will be as follows:
- Lessons taught in class with step by step notes and examples. I will have all notes and examples loaded for parents and students to reference during the week, if needed.
- Activities and 'diving deeper' into concepts will be a regular part of class.
- Warm up activities and homework will be sent home with students to complete and bring back to class the following week (warm up activities will be a type of 'spiral' review to ensure students don't 'loose' important skills).
- Short quizzes will help students prepare for unit tests.
- We will grade and go over all quizzes and homework in class to ensure students understand any mistakes they have made and are able to learn from them.
- Tests will be completed at home, proctored by parents and graded by Mrs. Smith.
- To help ensure students have all the resources they need during the week, students will have access to online video clips of Mrs. Smith going over examples problems.
- Mrs. Smith is also available during the week to answer questions via email or text.
There is no physical "published" textbook to purchase, I will provide a notebook with all materials needed (materials cost of $50).
Students will need a graphing calculator for Algebra 2 & Geometry/Trig): Here are two options: https://a.co/d/7uw2Vpm or https://a.co/d/7uw2Vpm.
This will be a different curriculum than we have used in years past, over the last few months I have used pieces of it in all of my classes and asked studends what they felt helped them learn the material better - it was unanimous that students wanted to step by step notes with specific examples. I have also spoke with several parents and board members to ensure we pick the best curriculum for all of our students!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me! email@example.com
My name is Mrs. Smith and I teach Algebra 1 & Geometry. I was born in Stockton, CA but raised in Phoenix, AZ. I graduated from Southwestern Christian School with a BS in Elementary Education, a Minor in Bible, and a Minor is teaching ELL students. I also have a MA in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, and certificates in Math Education. I have worked with all ages, from young child to adults in many different settings. I have worked in education for over 20 years. First as a teacher and then in administration and educational leadership. My husband and I homeschool our amazing 8 kids! Our youngest has been used as a testimony in ways we never dreamed possible! If you would like to read our story and learn more about our family you can here: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamessmith714
I love spending time with my family, reading, watching movies, and sometimes - just enjoying the moments of quiet!